5.26.2009

Happy Baby! :)

Happy Baby = Happy Momma. This is what we've heard over and over again at the hospital, and from our pediatrician. And boy is it true. Our sweet Jackson is happy again!!! It turns out his reflux wasn't really the problem to begin with...he was just starving! Now we are supplementing between 2 and 3 ounces of formula after every time I nurse him, and the boy is growing! He's gained almost 2 pounds in a week. We took him to the doctor last Wednesday, and he weighed in at 8 lbs 7.5 ounces. Yesterday, Scott weighed him, and he was 10.5 lbs!!! WHOA NELLY! Apparently he had some catching up to do. I feel bad that we didn't know he was so hungry, but VERY grateful that our new doctor figured it out!

4 comments:

Erin Nickell said...

I am so glad you two are both doing so much better!

The Holmboes said...

YAY! Prayers answered!!

Katherine said...

I am SO GLAD to hear this!! Love that new doctor, huh!? It's so nice to have answers, and to have a happy boy. Thanking God for answering those prayers!

Whitney said...

We had to do the same thing with Sterling & Hudson. I'm also taking Fenugreek & I've found the more water I drink the more milk I produce also. All that really matters though is that you're all happy! He's precious!!!