3.03.2017

The itch to write again

I'm not sure what prompted me to visit this blog again, but here I am.  I cannot believe it's been almost 3 years since I've last written. (Poor Kate only got 3 months of updates on her first year!)  I guess that's what happens when life is so exciting, and you get to prioritize how you spend your time.

We're a month away from the kids' birthdays: 8 and 3 years old!  HOLY COW!  Jackson is halfway to driving a car - this cannot be for real.

I'm in India on a business trip right now, and I have had some downtime in the evenings to read and reflect.  What a gift, although I miss my family so very much.  As I've been reflecting, I've been thinking of just how blessed this life is that we get to live.  I could not ask for a more incredible family.  One that loves me unconditionally, allows me to love and care for them, supports me in all that I do, and provides so many opportunities for me to grow and learn more about what it is to live this life on Earth in preparation for eternity in heaven.

I'm re-reading The Shack on this trip, and I am looking forward to seeing the movie that is coming out this week.  I had forgotten just how beautiful this book is, and the picture the author paints of the immense love of the trinity - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  Reading the book as a parent this time has impacted me in so many new ways.  I've had many revelations, reminders, and divine moments while reading.  I have never understood, or even been able to fathom the love of the Father toward all of His children as much as I have now that I am a parent.  And boy have I been convicted to expand that unconditional love that I have for my children to others in this world.  That is not always easy for me - a daily surrender for sure.

Hopefully I can get back into the habit of writing on some kind of regular frequency.  I know I will want to have something to refer back to, to remind me of the fullness of our lives.

No comments: